Monday, January 9, 2012

My First Blog Award Nomination!


Wow!  To say I am humbled does not describe my feelings.  My special friend, Diana has nominated me for my first blog award writing as "Trauma Mama T."

As Diana writes, "There are two parts to it when you are nominated.  First you have to list seven things about yourself that your readers might not know.  Then you pass the love along by nominating (up to) five of your favorite blogs for the award."

Okay, here are seven things you may not know about me:

1.  I've held varied positions throughout my life -- everything from Realtor (R) to Executive Director of a non-profit community/education organization, but my education is in English/journalism (undergrad) and higher education administration & counseling (grad school).  

2.  The thing I have wanted to be the most throughout my life, and as early as I can remember, is a mom.

3.  I am learning as I go.  There is no such thing as a "professional" therapeutic parent.  Some of us have just been at it a little longer than others and have made more mistakes along the way.  I have much to learn.

4.  I love wild daisies.  I like sunflowers a lot.

5.  I'm a genealogy geek.  I got into tracing my ancestry about 12 years ago and even have one line traced back to William the Conqueror and earlier.  My ancestors include English kings, Irish potato farmers, German brewers, Eastern European saints, American horse thieves, and everything in between.

6.  I love history.  (See #5 above.)

7.  I'm a lazy writer.  I have to make myself write.  I enjoy it once I get going, but it's a real chore to get started.

Now, for some favorite blogs:

I have to nominate Diana back.  Her blog at Gold to Refine is one of the best "out there."  She is one of my main "go to" girls.  She's "been there" for me before, during and since our adoption.  I've had the privilege of meeting her in person, talking to her on the phone many times, and corresponding with her electronically nearly every day for more than five years now. 


I also nominate Annie.  She is the writer of "One Mother's Day."  Like me, she has some years of parenting experience (in other words, we're both older moms).  She also has teens adopted from Eastern Europe.  She's pretty amazing, too and like Diana, I've known her for about five years.  I hope to meet her in person one day!

Nominated, too, is Tamara.  She is a young pup, but is not "new" to therapeutic parenting.  Tami has four kids adopted from Eastern Europe.  Until recently, she lived within a few hours driving distance.  I haven't gotten to meet her yet, so now I'll just have to drive a little further some day!  She's written several blogs but has recently established a ministry and her own publishing company.  She's an awesome, professional writer, too!  Check out her blog at Cross River Ministries.


Thank you for blessing me, Diana!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Friendship is a beautiful thing! And thanks for the nomination coming back to me.

Love you buckets :-) So glad God hooked us up back in the day when we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into!

Annie said...

I am so honored! And I am really glad you are blogging again. Thank you for all you do to support other moms in the thick of it. I frankly do not know what I would do witout my blog friends. Finding support in "IRL" people is difficult, to say the least.... I guess because [fortunately] this is a rarified calling.